This picture shows a double charcoal manufacturing retort with no heat exchanger.
(We at Four Seasons Fuel use similar charcoal retorts to produce our charcoal on site).
We can build a charcoal retort of any size and options to fit your budget and production requirements. (From small single to large double with heat exchangers).
By clever design and using the wood’s natural gases to reheat the retorts the Four Seasons charcoal retort system boasts significant advantages over the more traditional ring style charcoal kilns offering:-
- possibilities of more efficient use of raw materials. (i.e. 4 x1 ratio) is a normal for these retorts (compared with the normal steel round kilns at 7 x 1 ratio).
- improved production efficiency using less material to produce more charcoal.
- self fueling. Once started the retort reheats itself using the wood's natural gases.
- improved productivity. The approximate burn time of 8 to 10 hours is significantly less than ring kiln).
- greater range of burning control producing a higher quality charcoal.
- better for the environment producing more 'friendly' emissions than a kiln.
Each retort is CE Marked and has been subjected to stringent quality control procedures in line with ISO 9001:2008 approved status.
We deliver and commission retorts and kilns worldwide.