Fortafix fire cement is a flexible adhesive with a putty-like consistency. Available in 500g and 1kg containers, this non-toxic water-based solution can easily withstand heat up to 1400°C (2550°F) temperature. It is an excellent option for general sealing and repair in high-temperature resistance areas. Uniquely formulated, this cement is recommended by leading industrial and domestic heating appliance manufacturers.
What is the right way of using this cement for the best results?
• Thoroughly degrease and clean the surface well to ensure that it is free of any contamination.
• Remove crumbly areas (if any) and brush the concrete well.
• Fortafix cement can be used directly from the tub pre-mixed.
• Apply with a trowel, knife or any other suitable tool and work well into the area. This should ideally be done within 5-10 mins of opening.
• The cement hardens by air drying.
• Operational heat improves and strengthens seals and joints.
• Initial heat application should be completed within a 3-4 hour period after which it can be gradually increased to full operating temperature.
• Fill and smooth any fine cracks wherever necessary.
• Clean spillages immediately before setting.
• Clean all the equipment, containers and tools immediately with water after application.
At Four Seasons Fuels, we provide free local delivery to over 30 postcodes. Visit our website to order or learn more about this Fire Cement
and other related maintenance and repair products in our fire accessories category.